lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2020, 12:55 PM   #1461
kafati
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Hi Bob ,
Since you seem the most informative about this subject , Can I ask for clarification

What do i need to have or buy to program a new curtis device like 1236 SE ? OEM level only .

I have software 4.6.10

I have downloaded the manual for "Curtis 1314 PC-Based Programming Kit" worth 600usd here https://www.thunderstruck-ev.com. but it seems buying it gives you the pc software only , and you have to buy the USB to CAN or USB to Serial separately . it doesnot show which product needs which interface and where to buy

kafati is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2020, 05:04 PM   #1462
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafati View Post
Hi Bob ,
Since you seem the most informative about this subject , Can I ask for clarification

What do i need to have or buy to program a new curtis device like 1236 SE ? OEM level only .

I have software 4.6.10

I have downloaded the manual for "Curtis 1314 PC-Based Programming Kit" worth 600usd here https://www.thunderstruck-ev.com. but it seems buying it gives you the pc software only , and you have to buy the USB to CAN or USB to Serial separately . it doesnot show which product needs which interface and where to buy

You'll need to buy the 1309 USB to serial interface in order to use the Curtis 1314 software. The SE version Curtis controllers require an original Curtis 1309 interface, no homebrew cable...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 02:20 PM   #1463
kafati
Not Yet Wild

thank u

I have read from your posts that you bought multiple Usb interface cables and from china and they donot work .
So the only source for these is curtis directly ?
kafati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 03:00 PM   #1464
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafati View Post
thank u

I have read from your posts that you bought multiple Usb interface cables and from china and they donot work .
So the only source for these is curtis directly ?
At the time, the chinese sellers were selling older handsets with updated model numbers on their labels. I reported them to eBay as not as described, and eBay forced them to accept returns on those items. They had listed them with no returns. I was able to buy a pair of them a few months later that were operational for the new controllers, but they will not work for the older controllers. I carry one of each handset with me now as I travel on the reprogramming trips that I do.. The 1309 interface that I use is a genuine USA Curtis one, not made in China. I bought through one of my trusted suppliers. I do not trust the China sellers when it comes to the 1309 interfaces. I have a pair of those as well.

I still have the Factory level handset that I created, it comes in handy at times.
Old 11-27-2020, 12:53 AM   #1465
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Sorry, the 1205M is not a sophisticated controller. The programming software and interface can only do so much.
Hi Bob,Ive read the 1205 manual and see most parameters are locked, while using the oem programmer. Of course the speed parameters are locked off as well, therefore Im looking to get into factory access. Currently, the unit maxes out at 19MPH.The good news is, Ive been told by a dealer in florida. the unit speed can be increased safetly to 25 mph and is something they do often. I asked regaurging setting parameters and they kind of laughed at me. Understandably, They want to sell units not give free information. Im looking to obtain a cable as described in the thread and set parameters to bring up the speed. The motor is listed as 72 volt, 5kw motor 2800rpm, duty 60 minutes, current at 86 amps. Could you make any suggestions at to which paramerters I would look to adjust. I guess the obvious is max speed. How about max rpm? It will be interesting to see what the parameters are set at now. I think the controller is set to 60 volts. Is that concivable with a 72 volt motor? sorry for all the typos, I ate to much turkey and its very late lol. any advice is appreciated.
thank you for all you do
shawn01754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:24 AM   #1466
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn01754 View Post
Hi Bob,Ive read the 1205 manual and see most parameters are locked, while using the oem programmer. Of course the speed parameters are locked off as well, therefore Im looking to get into factory access. Currently, the unit maxes out at 19MPH.The good news is, Ive been told by a dealer in florida. the unit speed can be increased safetly to 25 mph and is something they do often. I asked regaurging setting parameters and they kind of laughed at me. Understandably, They want to sell units not give free information. Im looking to obtain a cable as described in the thread and set parameters to bring up the speed. The motor is listed as 72 volt, 5kw motor 2800rpm, duty 60 minutes, current at 86 amps. Could you make any suggestions at to which paramerters I would look to adjust. I guess the obvious is max speed. How about max rpm? It will be interesting to see what the parameters are set at now. I think the controller is set to 60 volts. Is that concivable with a 72 volt motor? sorry for all the typos, I ate to much turkey and its very late lol. any advice is appreciated.
thank you for all you do
I'm still in Florida for a little bit longer before heading back home. Where are you located?
Old 11-27-2020, 10:07 AM   #1467
Acastellon
Not Yet Wild

Are you still programming? I’m located in West Palm
Acastellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:47 AM   #1468
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I'm still in Florida for a little bit longer before heading back home. Where are you located?
Im in Massachusetts,
thank you
shawn01754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:06 AM   #1469
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn01754 View Post
Im in Massachusetts,
thank you
I don't ever go that far to the northeast.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:10 AM   #1470
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acastellon View Post
Are you still programming? I’m located in West Palm
I've already been through there a few times in the past month or so. In about a week, I'll be heading home. Jeff, usgicollector on here, had arranged some programming stops for me here in FL.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts