lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2020, 08:34 PM   #21
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Aftermarket air filter for Yamaha G2

One other note the stock cart has a belly pan to keep under the seat cleaner. How many of the carts on here still have the stock belly pans on them ? Point 2 the manufacturer designed these systems for 12 mph on a mostly dry golf course, how many of us are using are carts that way ? On one hand Slo suggests a lean mixture burning pistons and on the other CG suggest decreased air flow with the K&N ? Final thought ARC, NR, Bullfrog racing along with performance 670 and Paulscarts all recommend this type of filter BUT hey what do they know ? They wasting on that money on dynos and flow benches. Exit Ray
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2020, 09:08 PM   #22
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Decreased flow? Someone cant read real good........ or just didnt bother to read. And they used proper test equipment.

And "Exit Ray"? Somehow I doubt it.....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:43 AM   #23
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Decreased flow? Someone cant read real good........ or just didnt bother to read. And they used proper test equipment.

And "Exit Ray"? Somehow I doubt it.....

We can only hope.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:46 AM   #24
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

You’re right. You’re always right. Everybody else is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
. Exit Ray
Best thing you’ve said yet
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 07:18 AM   #25
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
You’re right. You’re always right. Everybody else is wrong. Best thing you’ve said yet
Man what a guy. I'm actually embarrassed for him.

So, Ray, are you saying increased air flow doesn't lean out a/f ratio? Are you saying a lean a/f ratio is good for an engine? Funny I've seen it melt pistons before.

Obviously you get upset when you think people tell you that you're wrong. That's not the case here bud. No one is telling you that you're wrong. In fact, if anything, the info that I posted on this thread kinda backs you up.

Ray, no one is saying that the OP can't use the performance filters. I use them for crying out loud! The info that we are giving are the pitfalls that might be experienced if one is used. Can you just slap an open performance air filter on and forget it? People have done it. So, go ahead and tell people to do it. I'll choose to help educate them so they can make the decision for themselves. Most people are very intelligent and don't like to be "told" what to do. We can "recommend" and "educate", but let them think for themselves.

Exit Slo
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha