lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2020, 05:15 PM   #41
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Air Shock Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldair View Post
would you happen to have any ebay links to decent used shocks?

thanks
mike
I get all mine from Ebay. You just have to look around. What length shocks eye to eye unloaded?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2020, 11:31 AM   #42
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

unloaded and and fully extended it's 18" eye to eye.

studying the Jake's shocks and comparing them to atv/utv shocks one of the things that stands out is the utv shocks have progressive spring on them and these shocks have what looks like constant pressure. there is very little up travel before the spring gets too firm and only 1" of drop in them. Not to mention the bushing around the shock eye has a lot of slop and noise in it for only being in use for less than 7 months with most of that on the street. overall I would say they are horrible shocks.
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:39 AM   #43
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldair View Post
unloaded and and fully extended it's 18" eye to eye.

studying the Jake's shocks and comparing them to atv/utv shocks one of the things that stands out is the utv shocks have progressive spring on them and these shocks have what looks like constant pressure. there is very little up travel before the spring gets too firm and only 1" of drop in them. Not to mention the bushing around the shock eye has a lot of slop and noise in it for only being in use for less than 7 months with most of that on the street. overall I would say they are horrible shocks.
The atv shocks that would fit best are the front shocks from a Suzuki Z400, they measure 17.25" eye to eye. The spring rate will be about the same, so still soft, but you can order spring kits. Better yet, you can order custom shocks by "Works" that have heavy springs and adjustable preload.

Good shocks are not cheap, but you will get years and years and years of off road use and abuse with these types. I usually order a nice used set for $100 or less and try them out. Then I make adjustments as needed. Over the years of atv racing and building off road golf carts I've learned a bit about suspensions. You just have to jump in head first and try some.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:36 AM   #44
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Over the years of atv racing and building off road golf carts I've learned a bit about suspensions. You just have to jump in head first and try some.
Helmet required? OUCH!!!

Your experience in matters such as these is invaluable. Or as Will Rogers has stated:

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

It's the Bad Judgement that cost and makes the experience so valuable!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts