lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2020, 01:22 PM   #1
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rhox 7" lift installed

Well I wanted to get the Jakes long travel but it did not fit let time frame I needed it in. I ended up with a Rhox which I bought from Jasons golf carts, one of the sponsors here. Install was easy, no fitment issues. I ended up doing some fab work to get the Jakes from disc set to work on it. overall I am please. Ride is 100% better than my previous concoction of a lift. i do wish camber was easier to adjust and wish there was a caster adjustment. The kit runs negative caster. I aligned it on my alignment machine at work to 1/8 toe in, .25 negative camber and caster is -1.25 on both sides. Drive good at speed ( 25 MPH) and it sits 18.5" to the bottom of the floorboard. I ended up taking the coils off the rear coil over shocks on the rear and took out the middle leaf spring on my HD rear leafs. The ride is much better in the rear now. Two problems, the rear end squats under load off road and the front lifts much easier than before. I may either add some spring back in the rear or try to go to a softer spring rate in the front. I can not mount my winch to the front now. Jasons shipped fast! Overall not a bad lift.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart 1.jpg (114.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg gold cart 2.jpg (376.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 3.jpg (303.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 4.jpg (292.2 KB, 0 views)
jhnmflr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2020, 06:25 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Rhox 7" lift installed

Nice job! Good lookin cart.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:01 AM   #3
93yamslammer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

That looks awesome!!
93yamslammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:05 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Negative caster? I would not have thought that. That usually gives a loose steering feel, no?

To correct the caster, can you put shims under the rear two mounts to lower the rear of the new subframe? That would rotate the axis of the subframe to correct the caster. Not sure how much you would need but you could try it?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:33 AM   #5
dearthvader
Not Yet Wild

I have the Jake's Long arm suspension on my cart and have been wandering about caster. My kit simply has a kingpin attached to the upper and lower a-arms via heim joints. Can I check the caster angle by placing an angle finder on the front or rear of the kingpin with the wheels pointing straight and measure the angle? I think it's that simple but want to make sure I'm correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Negative caster? I would not have thought that. That usually gives a loose steering feel, no?

To correct the caster, can you put shims under the rear two mounts to lower the rear of the new subframe? That would rotate the axis of the subframe to correct the caster. Not sure how much you would need but you could try it?
dearthvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:45 AM   #6
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Nice job! Good lookin cart.
Thanks!
Old 06-01-2020, 11:46 AM   #7
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearthvader View Post
I have the Jake's Long arm suspension on my cart and have been wandering about caster. My kit simply has a kingpin attached to the upper and lower a-arms via heim joints. Can I check the caster angle by placing an angle finder on the front or rear of the kingpin with the wheels pointing straight and measure the angle? I think it's that simple but want to make sure I'm correct.
You could do that to check caster.
If it runs good I would not worry.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:47 AM   #8
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearthvader View Post
Yes. I can shim to get some correction but it doesn't fell bad at speed so i will leave it alone....... for now
Old 06-06-2020, 03:14 PM   #9
stick101
Not Yet Wild

Looks great! I got 5 inch axle drop with coil overs and it rides like a *** tank! I’m looking at that one and the 8 inch all sport. However the all sport is twice the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:27 AM   #10
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick101 View Post
Looks great! I got 5 inch axle drop with coil overs and it rides like a *** tank! I’m looking at that one and the 8 inch all sport. However the all sport is twice the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too early to tell overall quality but the price was right and it was available.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts