lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2018, 10:47 AM   #51
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax XCT install pics.

DS install - looking good
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2018, 11:42 AM   #52
HD2001
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks. Do you think there will be any issues installing the controller opposite the battery compartment with a back seat on? I wanted to avoid possible damage to controller when removing the batteries. I'm sure it will get dirty, but will the performance be affected at all? I'm thinking about screwing some sheet metal to the frame to help keep dirt out of the controller area. Thoughts?
HD2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:51 PM   #53
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

They work just fine when dirty. Blocking fresh air cooling can be a problem.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:03 PM   #54
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2001 View Post
Thanks. Do you think there will be any issues installing the controller opposite the battery compartment with a back seat on? I wanted to avoid possible damage to controller when removing the batteries. I'm sure it will get dirty, but will the performance be affected at all? I'm thinking about screwing some sheet metal to the frame to help keep dirt out of the controller area. Thoughts?
Your controller is mounted where it's supposed to be. That's the factory location. There will be no ill effects from your back seat being on it. I know I sold you that conversion kit so you probably weren't sure which side the controller was supposed to be on, but you got it right. Looks good. Glad we were able to get you rolling last night.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:01 PM   #55
HD2001
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Scotty- yeah the cooling aspect makes sense.

Tahoe- Sorry I wasn’t thinking the seat would cause I’ll effects I guess I’m more thinking about accessibility. Won’t be that hard to access from bottom with 6” lift or by reaching through the mount “hole.” Yes thanks for advising me on the design needed to include wiring harness, and the help with the programming. Just installed the voltage reducer and light kit. Very nice light kit! Thanks again!
HD2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:14 AM   #56
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you need install help please start a new thread.
We want to share install pics here, thank you.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:12 AM   #57
davejax904
Not Yet Wild

Heres my picture contribution.

A controller/solenoid upgrade escalated quickly.

Upgraded to 2 gauge cables, XCT500, 400A solenoid (ScottyB Kit) and decided to do the Mode Lock 3 (also from ScottyB) at the same time.

The mode lock has a 'lock out' position (0 amps allowed to the motor), a wife personality, and a 'get in trouble' personality. Mode Lock took the place of the oem key, and the key switch was moved to the switch panel. All combined, it should provide enough confusion to have a potential thief move on.

While the cart was in pieces, I decided to consolidate all the different style aftermarket switches into a panel, and put in a volt meter to alleviate 'range anxiety' when driving the cart.

Pics attached:
-voltage display to see how the battery pack is holding up with the new controller. Percent display, voltage display, and a battery level display.
-ML3 in oem key switch position, key switch moved to the switch panel
-Look at that OEM solenoid next to the 400A !! Pencil in pic to show scale.
-XCT500 on passenger side, solenoid on driver side, run/tow relocated since the controller is not mounted inside the oem metal box anymore (switch was labeled after the pic was taken).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-07-19 22.38.59.jpg (32.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-07-16 02.33.17.jpg (162.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-07-14 01.52.24.jpg (120.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-07-14 03.53.30.jpg (149.1 KB, 0 views)
davejax904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:52 AM   #58
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Here is my install of an Alltrax 400, 2 gauge welding cables and 200amp solenoid on 2008 precedent with 4 x12 batteries. I had to change original positions of solenoid and controller on the divider between batteries to accommodate factory wire lengths. For OBC passthrough, I used a brass toilet bolt and cut the head off.

beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:58 AM   #59
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by davejax904 View Post
Heres my picture contribution.

A controller/solenoid upgrade escalated quickly.

Upgraded to 2 gauge cables, XCT500, 400A solenoid
Looks nice, but I do not see a coil suppression diode on the small posts of your solenoid - you really should install one. (And is your regen diode on the large posts? I cannot see from the pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachguysc View Post
Here is my install of an Alltrax 400, 2 gauge welding cables and 200amp solenoid on 2008 precedent with 4 x12 batteries.
I do not see a coil suppression diode on the small posts of your solenoid - you really should install one.

Both of y'alls installs look great!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:55 AM   #60
davejax904
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Looks nice, but I do not see a coil suppression diode on the small posts of your solenoid - you really should install one. (And is your regen diode on the large posts? I cannot see from the pics)

I do not see a coil suppression diode on the small posts of your solenoid - you really should install one.

Both of y'alls installs look great!

Regen diode is there. Its on the thin red wire that is poking up behind the left large post on the solenoid.

Multiple places in the paperwork in the ScottyB kit said the diode on the small posts isnt needed. Also, a diode for the small posts wasnt provided.... what am I missing / at risk for? I guess since this is an install pic thread, you could message me about that last question.
davejax904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car