lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2016, 06:33 PM   #1
haftafish8780
Getting Wild

Club Car

Unhappy I got Schooled By a Plum Quick Bandit

So today my brother and I finished putting the 6" Jakes Lift on my 2010 Club Car Precedent. I went with a set of 23" A/T tires and 14" rims.(other than that my car is totally stock"for now") Before I put the lift on with the stock tires my cart would do 15mph max on flat ground, after the lift and tires I am getting 18-20mph. Now on to my brother's cart, he has an 2008 Precedent with a 4 12v battery setup (i forgot to say mine is 6 8v batteries) He has the same 6" lift with 23" mud tires and additionally he has the purple diff fluid, 2 gauge wires, and a Bandit Motor from Plum Quick. After we put on my lift we lined the carts up on an even road an from a dead start we floored them. For about 2 seconds it was an even race then he just left me like I was standing still and kept on going up to about 30-31mph of flat ground it was really sad how my cart was so far behind. I have at my house now a 2 gauge cable set, HD solenoid, and a Alltrax 500amp XCT (still no upgraded motor) but after I get all this installed hopefully I will be able to give him a run for his Money. Another question I have do any of you know if the Alltrax will override my regan breaking system?
haftafish8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2016, 07:18 PM   #2
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: I got Schooled By a Plum Quick Bandit

Is he getting 30-31 with a bandit and stock controller? If so that is awesome.
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:24 PM   #3
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Generally a Bandit motor will get you 25 MPH out of a stock CC with a good battery pack....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:29 PM   #4
haftafish8780
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yeah yall I did not want to believe it myself, but sure as anything on my GPS and his he is getting a solid 30mph all day long out of his stock controller setup with the lift, 23" tires, 2 gauge wires, and purple diff fluid
haftafish8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:33 PM   #5
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by haftafish8780 View Post
Yeah yall I did not want to believe it myself, but sure as anything on my GPS and his he is getting a solid 30mph all day long out of his stock controller setup with the lift, 23" tires, 2 gauge wires, and purple diff fluid
Every little bit extra helps along the way... His batteries might be fresher, tire height with good inflation, no brake drag etc....
Old 05-15-2016, 07:37 PM   #6
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

I need to research the purple diff fluid... only thing I am missing!
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:48 PM   #7
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night life View Post
I need to research the purple diff fluid... only thing I am missing!
Can't make too big a difference but I'll bet he is speaking of Royal Purple oil they are what is best described as a "Boutique" oil dist, as they are not a manf but they do have their own line of oils blended to their spec...

Considering that CC calls for nothing more exotic than SAE 30 wt oil you can use a synthetic motor oil or an appropriate gear oil...
Old 05-15-2016, 09:15 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by haftafish8780 View Post
Another question I have do any of you know if the Alltrax will override my regan breaking system?
It's all in the programming. You can download the free software on the Alltrax website and set the controller up however you want. If you don't want the Regen, turn it off. It will be defaulted to very mild when you install it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:08 AM   #9
Sgt Minuteman
Not Yet Wild

I put Royal purple in my Ram 3500 differentials and it made a difference in my rolling distance. Thinner than non synth gear oil and generates less heat apparently. Was recommended by the guys on Cumminsforum.com. change every 60,000 miles. For a Cart that would mean never again.
Sgt Minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 10:22 PM   #10
kraftzion
Not Yet Wild

David Hicks - Owner - Revolution Golf Cars 706-431-3917www.RevolutionGolfCars.com

New Motor/Controller Packages! Thru 4/30 All orders over $500 = free shipping, promo code CORONA, valid for the first 15 customers only.
kraftzion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltrax 500, bandit, plum quick, precedent, precedent lift kit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car