View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
gabeowen
Not Yet Wild

Question Club Car Villager Headlight/Tail issue

Good morining all,

I have a question about a Club Car Villager 4 that has factory headlights. The wiring was upgraded on the cart but now the headlight and tail lights do not work.

I did find that there is a computer looking box in the frame that has a large thick wire that is black that looks as if it goes to the batteries.

I apologize, I am not very formiliar with this machine so I have no clue about the wiring and have not been able to find a diagram that includes the headlight assembly since that is ALL this is not working.

I did notice that the wires coming out of the box in the frame split off to the headlights and taillights. So I'm assuming it is a voltage reducer?

So my question here is: Since the wire is large and black and has a battery terminal hookup I know it goes to the battery, but which one? WIth a voltage tester each battery was a higher voltage than the other, so I have not a clue with battery it hooks to, I tried the 48v battery and it fired the fuse. (I hooked to the positive?) Does anybody know which battery to hook this wire up to along with if it is a positive hook up or a negitiva hookup? It does not have another wire coming out of it to the battery except for the wires coming out of it to the headlights/switch/taillight. Thanks for all your help and sorry about the long post.
gabeowen is offline   Reply With Quote