View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #6
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: 2017 EFI Carryall 700 w/Subaru won't start

We got the dumbest of the dumb in customers around these parts sadly. You've never seen the likes I've seen. I have seen folks cut main harnesses in so many pieces on an RXV to install radio/lights/etc to where I can't make head nor tails of it anymore.

One RXV we dealt with was so hacked you could power the controller up by disconnecting the negative headlight kit wire from the middle front battery, even with the main pack leads disconnected.

I can't remember exactly why the original motor was replaced on the 2017 EFI car but what I gathered was he blew the old one up and got a new one as a crate motor, with the throttle body that had come with the new engine, but kept the old ECU and coil. I read somewhere the parts for the fuel injection system are matched and you have to replace all three to make it work.

We had fire, you could kinda make it idle a tiny bit holding your hand over the throttle body, but there was no action from the fuel injector. ECU would throw that code for ignition pulse which I never did figure out what it meant exactly. the coil appeared to be an average club car style coil, that fired when the flywheel turns. there was no 'pulse' wire or pulsar coil.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote