View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
gwunited2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Forward/Reverse cable issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Here's a pic of mine. I also have a 6" lift, but mine is an '87 and the bottom of the rear shocks mount in a different place. I'm guessing the bottom of your shocks mount on a plate that sits atop the u-bolt?
shocks mount to the original location on the mount beneath the axle. for some reason, the angle of the engine because of the lift seems more extreme than yours does. i did add 4 leaf hd springs to support the rear seat and passengers. maybe that affected the angle/engine placement too. anyway, as posted above, i solved the cable issue for now. next issue i have has to deal with the front engine mount (snubber?). the mount is at an extreme angle and the snubber constantly comes off. i think i am going to have to make an extension in order to drop the engine about 2-3 inches. ill post pics of that this evening also. if you all have had this problem, i'd love to hear/see how you fixed the issue.

Thanks again

Here is a pic with the rear seat installed. Only need a seat back and top to complete it. Well, until we start working on torque.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by gwunited2; 02-20-2013 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: added image
gwunited2 is offline   Reply With Quote