View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
gwunited2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Forward/Reverse cable issue

Hello everyone, new guy here. I posted a link in the Lifted section and haven't gotten advice yet so I thought I'd try to solicit responses from a more specific section of this forum. Basically, I installed a 6" Jake's Lift and new shocks on my 2001 gas Club Car (all done with the help and research from this site, even used site sponsors for purchases). Now the metal sleeve/heat shield will not fit into it's original location because the longer shock is in the way. Have any of you had this problem with your carts? What was your solution? Can you remove the metal sleeve? If so, how did you do it? Are you able to bend the sleeve to make it go around the shock? If so, do you have to be careful how much you bend it so you can still engage the cart into gear? Attached is a photo of the cable taken out of the bracket. If you need a better picture to assess the problem, let me know and I'll get another one. Thanks for you help. Oh, I couldn't help but add before and after pics of the cart. It's not complete yet but with the help of this site, it's well on it's way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (85.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (82.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (53.2 KB, 0 views)
gwunited2 is offline   Reply With Quote