View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 09:46 AM   #1
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO TXT 94-01.5 36v DCS - Motor / Controller Questions

Hi Everyone,

I have a EZGO TXT 04-01.5 36v DCS model golf cart and am considering changing the motor/controller to improve torque.

I used the guide at Carts Unlimited to determine I have a DCS cart. Also, the stickers on the side that say "Drive Control System" on the side of my cart also helped. But, you never know. I also attached a picture of my controller just to be sure.

Contemplated going 48v but here are my challenges:

1. 3 year old batteries in great shape.
2. 3 year old charger in mint condition.
3. Really not looking for speed but a torque increase for hills.
4. I am handy but, I don't want to take on too much.

Before I do anything silly I need some guidance as to what I should do.

Is staying 36v going to get me what I want (torque)?

Do I really need to change the motor or can my motor handle a new controller without frying?

Will changing the controller really give me a significant improvement in torque?

Will my wife yell at me for spending more money on the cart and for fixing something that isn't broken just to have the coolest cart in the park? :P (Answer: Yes)

What controller/motor should I get? (I am partial to Navitas because they are a Canadian company and their HQ is only 90km drive from my house but, I can be swayed to a better option if one exists.)

What size controller? 400amp? 500amp? 600amp? AAAAAAAAAAAAA! Totally confused.

As you can see I am struggling with what I should do... If I should do anything at all.

Also, can anyone tell me what controller (in the picture) I have? I can guess at it based on searches but, if someone here can tell me that would be great.

Current motor and controller work fine.

Cheers,
Impaled

PS: I have also read the materials on Carts Unlimited about coverting to 42v. It did indeed increase my understanding of what can be done to improve my cart. :) Something I would consider doing as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcartcontroller.jpg (111.1 KB, 0 views)
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote