View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 02:50 PM   #10
superfan86
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: EZGO TXT BigBattery HSKY, Alltrax conversion, 36-48 conversion results

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Nice price for the full kit! Especially since it has a realistic peak draw. Also the peak draw shown for 6s is pretty awesome. I have never heard of anyone holding that many amps for 6s (although I'm sure some of our drag cart fellas have).

I just purchased the bluetooth module but haven't hooked it up yet. I don't know if it offers logging so the only option I know if is using the laptop.

Ha, yeah, I missed the cardboard. Highly combustible material insulating a high voltage source, what could go wrong??? :) I ended up getting some thin black plastic and using my tin snips and a heat gun to make some pretty little covers to hide my wiring and protect the charger from the environment better. I was always nervous because before I made the covers the buss bars on the top of the lithium batteries I have are just under the back of the seat. If someone dropped a screwdriver back there and didn't know it then opening the seat could be an energetic experience... So I'm very happy to have the plastic covers in place.
I felt the price was excellent for LiFePo4. I think ExtremeTeam Revolution batteries may offer a slightly better overall "total package" value with a debatably better charger and built in 12v outputs, but I just couldn't wait 90 days for delivery. They also had some conflicting information regarding peak output, referencing both 150 and 350 amp in the documentation.

350 amps over 6s is just absolute overkill, but at this price point, I'd rather have it than need to buy something else down the road. 10 years of expected life means that maybe one day I buy a 2nd battery and run a 96v golf cart...

BB also offers the BDGR NMC kit for an astonishing $1600 delivered, but living in this South Carolina heat I just didn't feel comfortable with the ability of that chemistry to cope with the extreme temperatures and not degrade in my garage.

I'm ordering custome cables from batterycablesUSA. They specialize in cut-to-length terminated cables and are quite reasonable in price. My brother used them for his datsun pickup and was happy. Given the nature of these Lithium kits, none of the site sponsors really offer anything that meets my need.
superfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote