View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 05:12 PM   #8
superfan86
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: EZGO TXT BigBattery HSKY, Alltrax conversion, 36-48 conversion results

Quote:
Originally Posted by once_for_all View Post
Which shunt meter are you using? I am upgrading from a 36volt setup, so need to get one of those. Carts Unlimited has a unit, along with bezel, but it is a straight voltage meter.

It turned out that my last upgrade included a Lester Summit 36/48 and it does have a "lithium" profile so I will try to use it.

I have an older 1600rpm 8hp "beast" 36 volt motor currently installed. And an AllTrax SPM400. Running 23" tractor tires on loose ground, 1-3mph spot weed spraying. Currently only getting 5miles per charge with this setup, on 5 1/2 year old batteries.

Sorry about all the build details, not hijacking...

Am really looking forward to this battery. Great to know it drops right in. I passed on it a couple weeks ago, as my experience with Anderson plugs was limited to the SB50 at the charge outlet....after watching the fenter video, I did some investigating and the SB175 looks up to the challenge.
I bought a $22 multifunction monitor on Amazon and am already regretting not doing it right and buying the made-for-lithium LNEX or Renogy (several brands, all just white labeled of the same product) meter. The one I have the SOC fluctuates wildly during use because it is using a lead acid profile, which isn't nearly as flat during discharge as lithium.

I set max and min voltages and will see if it works as a reliable "battery gauge" this week as a drive, otherwise I'll be spending more on the nice meter that you program Ah and the meter intelligently does the rest.

My only complaint is the 6 ga wire. It gets HOT under moderate use and I can absolutely tell that my torque is suffering after I swapped out my drive wire with the rest of the kit. I'm going to
order a set of new Anderson 4 ga to length and then everything will be the same.

I do not care for the BigBattery charger. I'll live with it, but the fan running constantly and no charge indicator is really annoying.

Only other complaint is that in unable to use the Bluetooth connectivity, even with their app (available on apple only).

I have tidied everything up now and am very happy with the look. I'm using a 5/16 distribution block that I mounted using the screws for the handle.
superfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote