View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 05:50 PM   #2
mrlmd
Gone Wild

Default Re: need to replace windshield frame and rear top frame

Wow, the post viewed 27 times so far and not even one response. I'm assuming that's because nobody knows the answer to the question I posed, but, fear not, I have the answer.
I have a close friend nearby that has 2 inoperable Club Cars that have been flooded but have lots of spare parts for the pickings - like windshield/roof supports.
I took off the front support from one of his electric carts and as a great blessing, this one is made out of square aluminum tubing instead of the painted steel one on mine.
The bolt at the front base of this frame screws into either a threaded plate underneath the cowl, or into a frame member itself under there, no loose nut that you have to grab. So that was a major discovery and a blessing to boot. Now all I have to do is to bolt or screw it into mine and not have to worry about getting underneath it to hold a nut.
That should go real quick after I cut or grind off the head of the bolts rusted in place there right now, and grind off the bolts holding the frame to my top.
And it gives me something to do instead of being glued to the news channels every day.
Next I'll have to figure out a fix or replacement for the rear top support.
I'll get pics up in the next few days so you can see what I'm talking about.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote