View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #5
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2000 club car won't run

I have a '96 Regen 1 - and when mine did that, it was the speed controller. Hopefully that's not it. You do have a "challenging" cart if its Regen 1.

But first things first - check, clean, refit and tug on all cables and connectors to make sure you don't have a simple loose connection somewhere. Its even worth disconnecting the main battery positive, then unplug the speed controller plug - spray the plug with isopropyl alcohol and plug it back in firmly. When you do this, wait an hour before reconnecting the main battery cable - just to ensure the alcohol has evaporated.

If corroded, clean and refit the big battery connections. Give a good tug on each battery cable - sometimes they look OK but are corroded beneath the wire casing.

Also - peek under the passenger side seat (mounted upside down toward the rear). Confirm the color of your controller - is it Black or Grey? Many Regen 1's were converted to Regen 2 and have a grey colored cover. If its Black (Regen 1 - I can PM you a link to the full manual for that cart, that has troubleshooting instructions to determine whether it is actually the controller).

Also - while your checking - is your battery light Red or Amber?
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote