View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 10:29 AM   #1
Squiddlestix
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 txt won’t move!

I’m new here and you guys have been a wealth of information just from reading through thread from people having a similar problem. If this is in the wrong place, just let me know!

Here’s my issue. I just purchased my first used cart about a month ago and put batteries in it the day I got it. Up until last weekend, everything was working perfectly... and then it didn’t. The just stopped in the middle of a fairway. Long story short, I had the guys at the course tow it back to the club house and I came and loaded it up and took it to my shop. (I’m an automotive mechanic by day). I’ve checked everything I know to check going off of other posts here and I’m down to replacing the ITS throttle sensor. I talked to a local cart technician and he said that in 20 years of working on them, he’s never actually had to replace one, so now I’m hesitant.

I have 6.3 volts from each battery. 37.96 volts from the battery pack. The solenoid clicks when the pedal is depressed. I checked voltage from the B- terminal on the Curtis controller to the white pin on the connector and have almost no voltage change from pedal up to pedal all the way down. The guy I talked to said I just need to replace the controller, but after 6 hours going through other peoples threads on this forum, I think it could be the throttle sensor.

Is there anything else I can check to be certain? I have a sensor coming from amazon, but I don’t want to waste the money if it’s going to turn out to be the controller. If I have to replace the sensor just to rule it out, then I guess I’m just out 30$ and that’s fine, but id like to avoid that if possible.

What do y’all think? You guys seem way more knowledgeable than the guy just trying to sell me a controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Squiddlestix is offline   Reply With Quote