View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 04:17 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Is this Weldable ???

My experience comes from 30 years as a Certified Welder from high pressure boiler tube to HDPE pipe. I have certified at 6G and all other positions and sizes, with bend test and x-rays. We have welded a little bit of everything in my industry and career.

MIG is a lot easier and much more prevalent for the home mechanic. TIG (which requires HF) is a much more expensive machine and generally not in most peoples garages. With a MIG you can run a across the top, down the side and back across the bottom. With a TIG, you are going to have an issue when you go upside down and weld it in an overhead position. I can do it, but no way would I when I can MIG it.

I like to TIG (and is required) for a root-pass on HP boiler pipe. In the old days it was with a 6010 and then we welded out with a 7018. I use to weld up aluminum props with a stick so I have done it a lot of ways, but for what you have there, a good quality MIG weld will serve you well. I have never ever had an issue with it from repairing frames, to extending DS's, to adding on brackets or braces on many many CC golf cats.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote