View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 08:07 PM   #1
7underpar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Adding a 3 gang LED rocker switch to 2009 club car precedent

Ill make this as easy as I can but trust me it will be hard to follow. I have the 48v system. I added a 3 gang LED rocker switch kit to my dash. Switch one operates lights. Switch two turns on my USB / Cigarette port. Switch three is for future aux. I located my 12v wire coming from my voltage reducer. Added that to my first switch. So obviously my lights work. Here is where it gets really weird. My LED rocker switch panel is operating but the blue LEDs do not illuminate but the switches function. Also while trying different wiring configurations I did have them illuminate at one point..but can't figure out why they don't now. Also, I have power to switch number 2....the one my USB charger/ cigarette lighter is connected to. I know this because I ran a voltage test on the cigarette lighter and had 16v (I have no way to measure the USB ports). Which is odd that I had 16v. I turn off the switch and have 0v so I know I am getting power. There is a LED light on the USB side of the charger which isn't illuminated.....but I'm still showing power on the voltage meter. When I plug in my phone charger I have nothing. But when I run my hand held voltage meter I have 16v. I am beyond confused. I dicked with this **** thing for 5 hours....

Recount

No illumination on 3 gang LED rocker switch panel
Power to USB/Cigarette is showing 16 volts not 12
USB/cigarette won't charge my phone
US /cigarette LED light won't illuminate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-08-14-20-06-23.jpg (7.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-08-14-20-06-52.jpg (5.2 KB, 0 views)
7underpar is offline   Reply With Quote