View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 10:05 PM   #6
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Dreaded Yellow Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The part number you listed is for an ERIC charger. The serial number you listed is for a 2013, which should have had an OBC unless it was an experimental cart. The ERIC carts weren't in true production until 2014. It's also possible they put all new stuff in it in 2016 when they refurbed it. The yellow light is not the issue. The yellow light is controlled either by the OBC (if equipped) or the ERIC controller on the car (If equipped). The best thing you can do is to look under the seat on the aluminum panel on the back of the battery compartment to see if it has an OBC. If it has an OBC and you're charging it with an ERIC charger, that could be your issue. The OBC would have to be bypassed to use the ERIC charger, and in this case the OBC cannot monitor charge data and it may be triggering the yellow light to come on. Once we find out what you've got, we'll be able to help you. Until then, it's just a guessing game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The part number you listed is for an ERIC charger. The serial number you listed is for a 2013, which should have had an OBC unless it was an experimental cart. The ERIC carts weren't in true production until 2014. It's also possible they put all new stuff in it in 2016 when they refurbed it. The yellow light is not the issue. The yellow light is controlled either by the OBC (if equipped) or the ERIC controller on the car (If equipped). The best thing you can do is to look under the seat on the aluminum panel on the back of the battery compartment to see if it has an OBC. If it has an OBC and you're charging it with an ERIC charger, that could be your issue. The OBC would have to be bypassed to use the ERIC charger, and in this case the OBC cannot monitor charge data and it may be triggering the yellow light to come on. Once we find out what you've got, we'll be able to help you. Until then, it's just a guessing game.

The controller has a label that has the Club Car logo, on the label it has the car serial #, and the controller serial # 639776, then on the body of the controller written in sharpie AP.11.29.16. That makes sense as I purchased it just a few weeks later. I do not think it is remanufactured by club car, the dealer has dozens of cars purchased from club car, I believe these are golf club cars off lease and sold to the dealer which are then rebuilt. The negative pack cable disappears into a hole in the controller, this is what is speaking to the OBC is it not? As I say all has been good until a few weeks ago, should I reset the OBC and how exactly do I go about that? Should I order a new yellow light from revolution carts and start there?
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote