View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 09:46 PM   #10
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: Navitas ac conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Their AC systems just haven’t been on the market for long enough IMO. Their DC Motor controllers seem to be reliable, or at least no worse off than any other brand, but there seems to be very little info about them to judge one way or the other. Navitas is a Canadian company that designs motor controllers for electric industrial vehicles, like fork lifts and factory automated transport vehicles. They’ve been in business for quite some time and seem to have a solid track record, but I think the golf cart segment must be a fairly new market for them.

The thing to remember about AC controller systems is they are more efficient from the start. So a 600A AC controller may need far less cooling capacity than a 400A DC controller because of the major difference in the way the motor works.
How they determine that rating may be different as well. Hard to say, since there is not a lot of info about them other than some sales marketing.
I agree - very little info out there - but really surprising that they offer a product like this AC conversion kit and nobody (it seems) on this forum - likely their target market for this kit - has bought one.

Even the stock EZGO RXV 235 amp (I think) AC controller has some heat sinks if I recall - I see your point though, that it's a different animal.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote