View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Dreaded Yellow Light

If it's a Factory reman. cart, it seems to me they probably replaced the controller and updated it to the ERIC controller.

The ERIC charger has a charge profile that is specific to the PD+ batteries that CC installs at the factory. If the battery brand or type is changed, the charge profile in the ERIC charger needs to be changed as well to match those batteries.

Download the DeltaQ IDAT software and use that to read data from the charger and verify that the charge profile is correct for your batteries.
If the Profile is not the correct one, the charger can over or undercharge the pack and shorten it's lifespan.
From others posting info here, using trojan batteries with the factory loaded profile results in very high water use by the batteries, which can cause shorter battery life.

https://delta-q.com/software-accessories/

For Trojan batteries you should be using profile #3. Most of their documentation lists profile 1, which is a temperature compensated algorithm and requires a temp sensor on the batteries, which the standard ERIC charger does not have. If the charger is not set for Profile #3, download and install the correct profile to the charger.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote