Old 10-30-2016, 11:39 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax XCT48400 PDS Setting Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwc1621 View Post
Questions:
1. On D&Ds website they state all of their motors will run on 36/48 volts, however on the label of my motor it only shows 36v. Does that mean this motor is not compatible wit 48v?

2. Is this the right motor for my setup?

3. When I "enable speed limit" the cart only runs 10mph. Does this mean my speed sensor is bad?

4. There is a magnet pole selector in the Alltrax software of 4 or 8? What should this setting be?

5. Is there a preset mapping for this motor?

6. What is the max safe running RPM for this motor?

7. Can I raise the KSI voltage in the Alltrax and get more speed?

8. With the pedal to the floor i am only gettting 80-81% throttle according to Alltrax software, should I adjust this throttle setting from 20 down to 15?10?5?
To start with: What Scotty said. Contact D&D asap.

To answer your questions:
1. DC traction motors like we have in our carts are not hypersensitive to voltage and will run reliably from about 36V to about 48V. I fact motors rated at 36V tend to run cooler at 42V and 48V due to fewer amps needed to do same amount of work.

2. Probably not, or at least in my opinion. It is a high speed motor combined with over sized tires.
Your 22" tall tires reduce the torque available where rubber meets road by a bit over 18% and the D&D motor you have has 10% less torque that a stock PDS motor, so your net torque loss across the RPM spectrum is over 28%
I believe you would have gotten better results with a standard speed motor that had increased torque to offset the torque loss imposed by the taller tires.

3. Probably not. If you are getting an RPM reading when speed limit is enabled, the speed sensor is good.
Note: The controller implements the Field Map differently when speed limit is enabled. (Uses RPM as well as amps draw)

4. Select 8-Pole. If 4-Pole is selected, the controller will think the motor is spinning twice as fast as it actually is.
You may have seen D&D mentioning the speed sensor had 4 N/S poles which is to say it has 4 pairs of pole which translates to 8 individual poles 4N and 4S.

5. Yes. Get it from D&D.

6. It depends on who you talk to at D&D. I got 6000RPM from Vic and 6500RPM from Eric for my motor. 6000RPM is 31.6 MPH with 22" tires and 12.44:1 gears while 6500RPM is 34.2 MPH. Of course, you probably don't have to worry too much about reaching the lower number at 42V with 22" tall tires.

7. Changing KSI voltage doesn't change speed.

8. You are talking about two separate things.
a. The Throttle Rate is how fast the controller's output reacts to pedal movement. 20% is probably about right for your setup, but try other settings.
b. With the pedal on the floor, you ought to be getting 100% throttle. If you are not, clear the the throttle auto-calibrate. (see attached)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clear Throttle Auto-Cal.jpg (53.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote