View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 06:41 PM   #2
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Default Re: What kills controllers?

I bought a broken BBB as you did. I wanted the four wheel drive like you did. It had the single red SRE controller. I was planing on salvaging some of the control wiring but it was so terribly put together I built my own harness instead. There were so manny splices and wire size and color changes hidden inside the harness, I got tired of trying to map it all out.

I got rid of everything associated with BBB I could, the only exception being the front axle. I went back with twin Alltrax 7245 controllers and a pair of SW202 reversing contactors. I chose the Alltrax since they are user programable and affordably priced. That made the wiring harness dead simple and eliminated 20 foot of high current cable and about half a mile of control wires.

I have never used sevcon controllers but they seem to fail at random in BBB's. BBB's wiring harness could play a part in the failure.

If I find another BBBB (Broken Bad Boy Buggy) I will buy it and do the same thing I did To the one I have. I won't trust their wiring or original controllers.

I wish I had more help for you but BBB made so manny mistakes and changes its hard to diagnose their problems.

I don't know what the sevcon controllers cost but I don't think I would buy one.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote