Old 04-07-2021, 07:18 AM   #13
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 TXT w/295cc 4-stroke won't start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidrain View Post
Got my new Pulsar today... wrong one.
It turns out Vintage Golf Cart Parts does not carry the MCI (2003 and newer) pulsar coil.
Looking all over the internet, it looks like it's an out of stock item.
Any ideas out there on where to look/go for this item?

BTW, this pre-MCI pulsar checked out at .209 ohms.
I hope Trig123 checks in... Why .20 OHMS, not 20 ohms as described in the video? Are these two models that much different?
No matter where I set the scale, the decimal is always is the same. .2 or .20, or .209 ohms.

FYI for anybody else struggling: Pre-MCI bolt pattern is 1-3/16".
MCI is 1-7/16. They are physically different but use the same electrical connector.
They are an out of stock item...good luck finding one.

Sounds like your VOM is not working properly. As you change the scale, it should change the decimal place and the number of places visible. Considering the issue with the VOM, take your original Pulsar coil to an auto parts store or repair shop, computer repair shop, HVAC repair van, basically any technician that has a quality VOM that relies on it day/in and day/out and see if they can check the resistance on it. I have had to replace the connectors on one of them, just used bullet connectors. The wire to pin connection was bad in it...took forever to figure it out...found that moving the connector while checking for spark would give me spark sometimes. I've also had to clean the pick-up surface on one of them in the past...made a huge difference, but it ohm'd correctly to start with.

Yes, they have a different bolt pattern and different color wires, i think white and red/white on the Pre-MCI, and Blue and green on the MCI Pulsars.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote