View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 08:46 PM   #1
travis_24018
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart dead after solenoid failure

1990 Club Car DS, 36v, vglide with resistor coils. Had cart at beach on vacation and was driving all over the place (legal in sc). Stopped at a store, got back in cart and it was dead. Opened seat and found that one of the large terminals had burnt/broken off of the solenoid. Put cart on trailer and rented a gas cart.

On the way home I hit a huge hole in the road at low speed that was rough enough to dislodge two of the batteries.

Back at the house I ordered a new solenoid and swapped out the old one. The cart is still dead. I have power to the large terminals and power from the F/R limit/miniswitch to one of the small terminals. The other small terminal (from the vglide) seems to have around 10v when key is off but when key is on and throttle is pressed it has 0v. Does this mean my vglide is bad? I've read that there's supposed to be a safety resistor on one of the small terminals which I do not have. When the solenoid broke could it have shorted out something? I'm about ready to drive this thing off a cliff but it doesn't drive!!
travis_24018 is offline   Reply With Quote