View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 08:16 AM   #4
Zekekoch
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help wiring ‘98 Taylor Dunn R680

Thanks so much for those links. I've found those sites before (using my friend google), but as far as I can tell they only have wiring diagrams for electric golf carts The R680 is a gas powered 'utility cart.'

According to Taylor Dunn it uses a voltage limiter/regulator "01-680-42" which is apparently no longer supported so I'm looking for an alternative. It uses a hitachi gsb107-04a starter/generator and a 6 pole starter solenoid.

I've tried replacing the regulator with DB Electrical GHI6000 (search for B00ZYNGWWS pm amazon), but in circuit the voltage is never going over battery voltage. If I ground out the DF on the starter/generator then I'm getting 16v or so so I'm pretty convinced the problem is in the regulator.

I opened up the voltage limiter/regulator (d+, df, d-) and inside it's just a big coil that's connects DF to Ground when the voltage on D+ is under 13 volts and connects DF to D+ when it's over 13 volts.

I've tried to find documentation for the hitachi gsb107 online, but my google-** has been failing me

-Zeke
Zekekoch is offline   Reply With Quote