View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #20
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 CC Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
Colbyntx,... I took a closer look today at the gap between the batteries in the tub. There appears to be a large plastic block inserted at the rear of the gap in the bottom and this block holds the bottom of the 12 volt battery rigid in place. It also appears to be removeable so there would then be more open space. However, as part of the bucket there is a thin staggared blade or stiffner that runs from back to front in the bottom of the tub and stands up about 2-3". It looks to be molded into the bucket but it also could be broken out. It would need to be removed to fit all 6 batteries in place. It appears that Club Car designed the bucket to accomodate either 4-12 or 6-8 configuration. I met a guy on the golf course today with a 2009 CC Precedent and his cart came new with 6-8 volt batteries. I only got a quick look to see the 6 batteries.

You won't have to be removing anything i'm pretty sure. With the 8v's, they will be turned the oppsite direction of your 12's and the 2 in the middle will be the same direction that the 12's are now.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote