View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 06:20 AM   #3
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Throttle linkage

I will take some pics. I used a tight 90 degree bend off a radiator hose cut as small as I could and mounted the flatslide on it. I supported it with a couple of washers welded on some threaded rod from the top of the carb to a bolt on the engine. Works well and doesnt shake to much. I love the 38 MM flatslide carb. I have a junk box full of old Mikunis mostly round slide. I got them off e-bay over last year. I bet I have 10 carbs and have not invested 100 bucks in the whole lot with shipping. Just gotta shop a little. I still cant figure out why I could not make the motor run well and start right with any of the other smaller roundslides. I played with the jetting and the needles a ton but with limited success. I put the 38 mm flat slide on with a 320 main on it. Started right up and ran a little rich. I knocked it down to a 140 main and it runs and starts great!!
I had a small problem with the size of the intake I welded up and the much bigger inlet on the flat slide. I slid a piece of thinwall conduit in the intake of the carb that fit perfect. Now the inlet matched perfectly with the radiator hose. It slid over it tight and appears to have no air leaks. Kind of hokey but it works great. I guess maybe its a 34 mm flat slide now. Well anyway it runs great and with your throttle idea should be done.........FINALLY!!!
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote