View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Saturdays Project, 2PG engine, BV18 vs BV24 carb and exhaust

OK - so it's Saturday and I have a finely-tuned maniac of a 1988 EZGO, as well as a 1986 ezgo which just doesn't seem to *quite* be running like it should be (and I'm starting to think it might just be the difference between the HO 1988 2PG and the standard 2PG engines and not the cart itself) ...

SO - the goal is to set up some safety cones (or beer cans, whatever) on the straight, flat, paved part of the driveway (which is roughly 1/3mile long) and do a few timed and a few GPS runs with the 1988, THEN do the same with the 1986. I'm then planning on swapping the BV24 carb onto the 86 and doing a series of runs, THEN I'm going to swap the exhaust onto it too and run them again - in *theory* I should have an increasing set of numbers on the 86 from stock to big carb to big carb and big exhaust, as well as a set of matching numbers with both carts when the 86 is bedecked with the HO carb and exhaust (all other parts seem to be the same, reeds, head, piston, etc) - does anyone have experience swapping out the HO parts onto a standard 2PG and/or a good reason I should skip the tests, maybe something I don't know of that makes this a bad plan?

(keep in mind I haven't played with the carts in over a month, it's 60 degrees in WI in November, and there's beer, so I would greatly prefer ideas how to "tweak" the tests than an outright shutdown of the days festivities, LOL)

Stay tuned for further developments - and if anyone wants to chime in ideas, etc feel free as I'm going to keep an eye on the thread as I go :)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote