View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
sivart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G16 Upgrades ???

I started off with the controller 700a from altrax,,huge difference.you also have to upgrade wiring,,i went to 00 welding lead,about the size of your thumb.then the solenoid went so i upgraded it to a 500a.after trying to climb some hills i saw i wanted more so i opted for a d&d high torque motor 13.5hp
after that i was in love with the way it would climb and the speed was also better.the beauty of the altrax is they work 36v or 48v they just have more speed and touque with 48v.with that being said then i upgraded to 6 8v interstate workaholic batteries.it will sustain 19mph and i havnt found a hill yet that will stop it.we use ours for hunting so i lifted it 9" with a jakes lift and put 25" tires on steel wheels.with all upgrades not including the price of the g16 i put about $2,200 extra in it.but its still cheaper than a yamaha rhino and i can out pull one easily.one more thing about the alltrax controllers,spend the extra money and get one that you can program with a laptop.it is very nice to be able to turn down the power when the kids ride it.
sivart is offline   Reply With Quote