View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #8
TRP
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ted's 1989 Club Car DS - the evolution of a sporting clays cart

Thanks for the kind words.

Regarding the gun racks, I mostly shoot skeet so it wouldn't be used unless I'm on one of our two sporting clays courses. Because it wouldn't be used the majority of the time, I'm thinking one of the removable ones might be best suited for me.

My only real concern with the floor mounted C flange style 'velcro secured' types - is that the don't seem to offer much protection for the guns. My guns all have really nice wood on them. I'm VERY careful not to treat them like sticks. I remove my wedding ring when I shoot. I make sure my shooting jacket doesn't have any exposed zippers/buttons/ or snaps. It'd be a **** shame to go be so protective, only to have them gimped up by some half rate gun rack in the cart.

I did see a nice set of custom scabbards on another site. I e-mailed the guy to ask if he was still selling them. If he's not supplying them any longer, I may buy one of the standard ones and simply mount my own scabbards to it.

What do you suggest?

ClubCar5 - are those the LED tractor spot lights I see on your cart? what size did you get? How do you like them?

Ted
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote