View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #2
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Default Re: 81 EZgo power and other questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlle View Post
I got this for 200 bucks works great runs nice and is great to putts around in. MY questions are and Im hoping someone can help me!
1:) what engines can I Get that will fit and speed the cart up.
2:) any mods I Can do to the existing engine to speed it up?
3:) the trottle cable is broken and I have a new one on order but what am I Going to see a difference in when I get it working. The cart has great tourque. it gets up and goes great but has low top end.
4:) what is the proper oil to fuel mixture. I have an oil res. but Its not working because the throttle cable is not working. (or so Im told)

thanks

1) What ever engine you want... Nothing other than an older 1PG engine or the 2PG HO engine will drop in.

2) You can do a lot to the engine, but you need to take it to a machine shop.

3) The difference will be in your ability to drive at slow speeds and not have the engine backfire.

4). 1.5oz/gal.... Someone told you wrong, the oil pump and carb are set up to deliver maximum output in the event of a throttle cable/pump cable failure. So with your throttle cable being broke, the oil pump is delivering maximum oil to the engine.... It was designed that way as a safety to ensure that : 1) Throttle cable fails and you get full throttle to make it back to service the car... 2) the oil pump cable fails and the engine is assured oil.

Bob
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote