View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 10:12 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Lift and tires? Opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
I don't know if this helps but I think it is worth stating here.

I allowed a lady with a nearly new jacked up cart drive my 95 DS series cart (with only upgraded wheels and tires) a couple days ago. She was so impressed with the ride, feel, handling, comfort, and ease of steering she wants me to build her one.
Lol yes, that's why I'm torn. I dont think theres any cart I've driven that rides as nice as a tight stock DS. They're great! But around my parts, theres a lot of rednecks that "bigger is always better". But then again those are the ones that also wouldnt appreciate the details I'm going into here like the upgraded engine, the work I'll be doing on the frame to make it shiny and new, etc. If I'm going to build a cart, even if it's just for the fun of building it and I have no intention of keeping it, I'm going to build it as if I were keeping it. If I were flipping it just to make some money, I'd put as little into it as possible to make it run and drive and sell it fast. But theres no fun in that :)

I ordered the 10" STI HD6 wheels, there black with blue spokes and accents around the outside of the rim. Should match really nicely.

After thinking on it a bit more, I have a nice set of 20x10x10 turf tires, and a really nice full front end suspension from the last lift kit I installed. I'm going to go that route for now since all it costs me is a set of wheels I'll need anyway. If it looks as good as I think it will, I'll stick with it. If someone wants to buy it and wants it lifted more, can give them a ride in my carryall to show why I didnt do that on this one lol. If not then I'll order a lift kit and bigger tires.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote