View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 12:59 PM   #1
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Lift and tires? Opinions?

I wanted to get your opinions. I love the ride of a stock DS... smooth and floats like a cadillac. But like the look (and function around my house) of a big lift kit, though the ride quality is nowhere as nice as stock. I have some big ruts in my road and big holes, but I don't plan to keep this cart long term like my Carryall so the "function" of the lift kit isn't really necessary.

The last couple DS's I've built I've used 6" lift kits and 23-25" tires. I was originally going to do the same on this one, but having second thoughts. I thought I'd get a little input and see what you guys think...

The body and seat are just set in place, I just finished the paint last night and the clear coat is still a little soft, don't want to mess it up. I did a quick 3 minute photoshop job just to get an idea...

I can do another 6" lift kit. 23-25" tires, wheels, etc. This is the picture I stole the wheels/ATV tires from a picture of my carryall and put them on it.

Or, I can restore the OEM suspension (replace OEM arms, spring, etc) (and maybe add one of the 1" lift block kits and some xrt850 shackles if they rub) to put on a set of nice wheels and 20x10x10.

I'm kind of leaning towards the 20" tires to maintain the stock ride, and because it's something different but I'm kind of up in the air now. I'm open to opinions.

Edit: Powering whatever size tires shouldn't be an issue. I've installed a FE350 into the cart, and the same engine in my carryall turns the 25" tires just fine :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ds lift and 25 tires.jpg (552.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ds no lift 20 tires.jpg (561.0 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote