Thread: Jeeps
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 09:38 AM   #1
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Jeeps

I am a complete novice at golf carts (by novice, I mean complete idiot), however one thing I am not a novice at is jeeps. Pretty much every make, model, year (71 -JK) from bone stock to fully customized. I have worked on them in drive ways, in professional shops, in the mountains in the snow, in mud, upside down, on the side of hills with the winch holding them from rolling down... you name it I have worked on a lot of jeeps!

Here is a few jeeps that I have built for myself. I only have one currently, responsible parenting and buying our land has forced me to sell all but one and it's been in storage for 7 years ( I pull it out around spring every year and putt it around and then put it back in). As soon as our new house is built, we are buying a new Jeep whether it be a JL or a Jeep truck.

I am trying the paper clip attachment for pictures, in all my forum years I have never done this, I've always used photobucket or flickr, so if the pics don't look right let me know.

My first jeep is the Green CJ-5, it was my first vehicle. Got it when I was 14, I built it all through highschool and finished it my senior year of school. When I got it, it was a junky old deer lease jeep. Here is a quick vid I put together 12 years ago....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0dacyKgYvk

My wife and I got engaged in a Jeep, and drove off from our wedding in my CJ5.

I owned a lot of jeeps through the years, but these are the 4 that I was most proud of..... Most of the jeeps I owned were just kind of plain jeeps with just a standard lift and tires, but these 4 were special. I've owned xj Cherokees, wranglers (yj, tj, JK), I've even owned a 79 Cherokee chief, CJ5's, and for less than a week I owned a willys.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote