View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 10:58 AM   #10
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 91 G2a winter project (paint and lift)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekind View Post
BrewCityMusic - Thank you for the detailed and complete information.
I haven never stripped a vehicle to the frame before but I will go ahead and do so for this cart and give it a good frame paint. I'm sure that the wires will have to be replaced. Any thoughts on rewiring?
There are some online Jakes lift and tires bundle that come with 23x11-12 Desert Fox All-Terrain Tires and 12x7 3:4 Offset Storm Trooper Machined & Black Wheels. It seems to fall within your recommendation but not sure of the quality. Any experience with Buggies Unlted? Is there any other seller associated or recommended by this forum? Thanks again.
LOL the "Stormtrooper" is my favorite style of rim ever made, I actually have the 12X7 2:5 with 23" Duro's on my personal cart - I've had them on there for a few years now, and believe ME, if *I* haven't damaged them You likely won't either, LOL.

Yamaha wiring harnesses are generally easy to remove in one piece, BTW - just take your time and mark where each plug goes and You should be able to re-use yours (plus it's a great opportunity to clean up the contacts in all your Molex connectors / plugs).

As always, the Site Sponsors can help You source what You need, BU is Nivels' "Retail" site so generally the sponsors can do You better price-wise as well as with much better support and service.

As to stripping the frame, Yours doesn't look too bad, I would get a couple of good wire wheels for your angle grinder and a 12-pack, one 5 or 6" wheel for the easy to get to spots and the larger surfaces, and a smaller cup brush for other areas (what type of Beer is totally Your call, LOL) - a couple of good wire brushes (one stiff, one softer and smaller for corners, etc) ... You're probably looking at $20 at Harbor Freight and an afternoon to get that thing ready to shoot. I just recently started using POR at the recommendation of one of my Painting Buddies, the stuff really does a great job of hiding imperfections, sticks like the dickens, and only needs a good wipedown with paint thinner, etc to prep the metal.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote