Thread: More Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
Phantom59
Getting Wild

Default Re: More Questions

I followed this
Under the driver side floorpan, you will see a rod linking the gas pedal to the black box pivot. Remove this rod and lengthen it to the longest it will go without being wobbly. Make sure the spring actuated hold downs are back in the same position they came off in. Before you replace this, loosen the nyloc nut on the accelerator pedal return spring until there are only about 1/4" of visible threads left on the end of the rod. Replace the accelerator rod.

Now even though I have shortened the rod from the maximum leingth the pedal will not back off far enough to let the cart turn off without pulling back on the pedal. When I adjust it back to where it will turn off the parking brake catches on the gear under the pedal.
As for the cowl the only bolts I removed were the two 1/4" bolts through the hood and the bolt with a nut through the aluminum trim. Now the front cowl is only held on by the bumper. The cart is a 92 and I am wondering if I paint the hood of the cart the tight fit will damage the paint when reassembeling.
Phantom59 is offline   Reply With Quote