View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Low budget swap options?

I got my first cart going under a grand, a 98 workhorse.

The engine was blown in two boxes, the cart had a flat tire and beat up bad besides that, as most used factory type workhorses are.

I rebuilt the motor, the cart costs 350. the parts and time costs me about 350 -400 or so..I got some tires, and it needed a few little odds and ends to actually go.. that had to be new.

Then I got my second cart for 140 dollars. It was completely immersed in phophate slurry at one point, so I had to scrap the frame to get it off..then took all the good parts from two and made one, (over time, I had replaced all bushings and bearing s on my older one) then the old one sat in the back yard for a while.

I located a vtwin for 200 bucks that burned propane. I bought a gas carb and manifold from Florida member no longer *with us*, and I bought an engine cradle and header, and a longer belt..and a few other things.
I had to tear the vtwin down and have the shaft machined to accept a
stock clutch.
I bought a lift kit and big tires over time.

Then I took my best Robin Vtwin stuck it in the old cart, got new bushings and stuff and rebuilt it, and bought a new secondary clutch because the old one was full of phosphate, and got it running just like a stock workhorse..
Actually I thought about making my old cart stock again it drove so nice, then I gave it to my neighbor buddy, and he gave me a 1960 Danelctro / Silvertone guitar I had admired for a while.

Good luck its fun.
csason is offline   Reply With Quote