View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Muffler Question - Club Car Lift

Most people swap the springs to over the axle and you don't have those massive 10 mile long shackles like that lol. But the muffler iirc is mounted on the cradle, it moves with the engine (& solid piped to it). You would have to change/mod the pipe and make higher mounts for the muffler. Another option is to lower the front bumper thingy they have, 'snubber' is it? Then the rear would not be so low because the cradle is tilted so far.

I had the same issue with my clone install, so I put a coupler on the engine allowing the pipe to rotate. Then I mounted the muffler under there on the frame on rubber hangars tighter to the bumper. As the engine moves on the cradle with the suspension the pipe rotates and the muffler swings forward/back. The muffler only moves around 1/2-3/4" forward/back (by eye) when I jump on the bumper and compress it quite a bit.

A stock G9 muffler for example is way up by the engine so you never have to mess with it when you lift them. I would guess there are posts on this issue with CC. I have run one of those flat heads and they did have good midrange power so might not be bad with a lift. They don't wind up that high for speed is all. I put HS gears in a stock one it ran great did 28gps before it hit the limiter in the ignition.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote