View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #10
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car TRX Fab

Still having issues finding a solution for the front hubs. I thought the steering would be the hardest part of this build not the hub! So far even the machine shops Ive been to have told me they would cut the small spindle off and weld the new one in its place by making a jig to keep it all straight.

Standard 4 on 4” Trailer hubs are simply too long for the short TRX spindle. However, there is a trailer specialty shop around the corner, so I pulled the whole thing off and I’ll be dropping by there today to see what they can do with it. A phone conversation with them yesterday was encouraging, Fingers crossed!

I really want to go with finding a hub to fit and avoid welding the ClubCar spindle if at all possible. Something that also looks promising but I am having a hard time researching is the generic Chinese ATV’s. Most of the smaller ones appear to use the 4 on 4” hubs on the front, but It’s really difficult finding details on these parts such as hub length, hole diameter, etc. Here’s a site I found that listed a bunch of hubs for ATV's/Go Karts and they’re very reasonably priced, but no details on each part. -Ill be digging deeper into this if the trailer shop doesn't come through today.
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote