View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car TRX Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyDeal View Post
Today I ran into a problem and I need some ideas and suggestions. I was trying to figure out how to get the ClubCar hub to mate up with the TRX spindle. I located new bearings and races that will mate the two up perfectly but as you can see from the pic the TRX Spindles are much shorter then the club cart spindle ...and different bearings wont fix that.

So most of the day I've been wondering if its safe to cut off the TRX spindle and weld my ClubCar spindle on there? Anyone done this before, its definitely not something I will attempt myself, but before I pay someone is it even safe? All I'm trying to do is get the golf cart wheel to fit back on there without a spacer or adapter ...I wonder if any 4-lug trailer hubs would fit that short TRX spindle? That would be ideal!
Jeremy, I would suggest looking into different hubs or spacers/adapters, before you resort to cutting and welding the CC spindles. Just my opinion, but there is a lot of options out there if you do some research. Keep up the pics and info.
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote