View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 02:19 PM   #6
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club car precedent 4 link HELP!

No problem. One thing I learned building jeeps was everyone is an expert until you ask them to get their hands dirty!

Don't over think it, your going about it right. Mock everything up, tack it in place then play around with it. We always flexed them out, then after flexing them out get a couple hefties to stand on one side to get it to lean over. If everything looks good and nothing is binding then go ahead and get some welds on it. Put it together, take it for a spin, if it drives funny then adjust from there.

I meant to answer your question before on the anti squat.
Like I said before, it's been a few years and I am no expert, I am sure you can google around and find it. However, as far as anti squat goes. The farther apart your upper and lower control arms are the more your rig will want to raise up in the air when you take off or climb hills. If your bars are close together it will do the opposite. I think on the calculator you want that number lower, but like I said it's been years.
Also we learned it's not the end of the world if you goof up a little. One of the very first jeeps we built had too much gap in the links and liked to raise up when you would nose up to something, we put limiting straps on the center diff and it worked very well after that.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote