View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 05:13 PM   #2
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: MCO for yamaha g29

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleno View Post
I was able to obtain a Certificate of origin for my golf cart. On the certificate is states that this golf cart was not manufactured to be used on any streets.... will this hold me back from getting license plates for it in New Jersey even though I made all the upgrades that is required for a "low speed vehicle" in New Jersey...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it will help your cause. I wouldn't show it to anyone in the dmv. I would talk to a rep from the dmv and tell him what you want to do and see if it can legally be done. Find out what the requirement are for a kit car. IMO that would be the best place to start. A true LSV will have a max speed that is certified. I'm trying to build a road worthy car built on a golf cart chassis. I was going to try the LSV idea till I found that there was speed issues I couldn't guarantee. I'm wanting to build a gasser. After I get my paper work kit I'm going to apply for a VIN number if its possible. It would be a limited use vehicle - no highways - must remain within area speed limits. Around town - back roads. 45 mph max is my hope.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote