View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
Robbs
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default My Summer Project

I have mainly been a silent participant here, lurking around for information and inspiration. I wanted to convert my “98” EZGO TXT (series) cart but wasn’t quite sure where to begin. After doing some research I was ready to start and thought I would share my progress.

My plan was to transform my EZGO into a poor man’s hunting buggy. I started out by custom painting the body & roof and recovering the seat with Mossy Oak Breakup Cordura fabric. Next came the 6” lift, new 12” rims, and 23” tires. The cart had a light bar but I added a couple of low profile fog lights just below the roof for some extra light. I converted the electrical system over to 48v (6 x T875), along with a DPI charger, Alltrax 500amp controller w/ HD solenoid, HD F&R, 4awg cables, & digital SOC meter. I also installed a 30amp voltage reducer to power the lights and accessories. I fabricated a custom plate for the key switch, digital SOC meter, and fog light switch. Next I made a front cargo basket to hold misc items and serve as a base to mount a gun rack. And finally I made a 42” x 30” cargo bed with attached mount for the seat back and I modified the rear roof supports. I think I am going to use a cargo net instead of a metal tail gate to cut down on noise. The remaining items on the to-do list are to finish the gun rack, add fender flares, trailer hitch, front bumper/brush guard, & disc brakes……

Here are some pix, enjoy & happy trails!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (224.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (221.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (172.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (128.2 KB, 0 views)
Robbs is offline   Reply With Quote