View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 11:24 PM   #1
sporty2k
Not Yet Wild

Default Just did my first DIY 14 Leaf pack. Not having Fun - any help appreciated!

So I bought a preconfigured pack (7 leaf modules) dropped it in my cart, ran the POS to the solenoid and the NEG to the controller and I was off. Added a relay to the key switch to prevent LV using the included cheapie BMS. Then I got the great idea to build a 14 pack.

Just finished it dropped it in and NOTHING!! I was more ambitious this time thinking i was going to relocate the controller so i disconnected everything. I also did upgrade the motor wires (white and green) to 2 gauge. Took lots of pics and though I connected everything back properly and nothing. Waiting on my BMS but wanted to give it a quick test before i begin that wiring process.

Pack shows current voltage at 54.1V. Checked the solenoid and it shows 54.1V on the side connected to the Positive main and 52.4 on the opposite side (good or bad?) there as a resistor connecting both sides so I assume this is OK?

I did remove the relay and connected back the original blue wire to the key switch.

Made sure the cart was in RUN then depressed the accelerator. I don't hear a thing - no clicking?? There are a few wires coming from the main harness that i see unconnected. One is the black wire with the yellow butt connector. I tried connecting that to the controller negative but that did nothing. I also have a red one which has a label attached to it. not sure what its for.

Then there's the white connector from the OBC. Its not connected to anything.

Any ideas I can try? Least it looks OK!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battpack.jpg (140.8 KB, 0 views)
sporty2k is offline   Reply With Quote