View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 06:07 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Connected Alltrax to laptop, now error codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaXtract View Post
I saw your posts about this elsewhere. I was hoping to avoid this since I didn't see how my ITS could go bad at this exact time. How do I check the voltage? I have a Fluke, but it is so tight to get down there I don't see how you all do it.

Assuming my ITS is bad, how hard is it to replace? Do I cut open my floormat or what?
It is a bit tight, but gently push the tips of your test leads into the backside of J4 Pins 3 and 4 while it is plugged into the XCT. They would be the two furthest away from the edge.

Or, trace the gray cable coming out of the pedal box (under the floorboard) and you ought to run into an in-line connector. You can measure the voltage between the black and white wires at the in-line connector.

Or, Remove the metal edge pieces that hold the floormat down, raise floormat out of the way, remove top cover on pedal box and measure the voltage between the black and white wires connected to the ITS sensor. (Picture attached)

I suspect the in-line connector is corroded and you're getting some feed through from the other two wires that go to the pedal microswitch. There is battery pack voltage on one those wires and it raises hell with the ITS throttle system when it bleeds over. Same types of problems if water gets into pedal box. Could also be that the black or white wire is shorting out to the frame.

Find out what the ITS Throttle input voltage to the controller is and if it isn't 10V up and 6V down, then we will have to figure out why it isn't.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo ITS & Pedal Switch.jpg (125.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote