View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 09:25 AM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR-4 Disassembly

The resistance track is a much more robust version of a regular potentiometer design as used on Curtis "PB" box series and some other cart manufactures.

Aside from driving through deep water or blasting the MCOR with a pressure washer, it seems hard for contaminants to get inside.

The switch actuation design is where I see potential for trouble, It appears there is a hard-stop that prevents the lever from pressing too hard against the switch plunger if the cart pedal assembly is not in good working order/adjustment.

What I cannot tell by the picture is if there is any spring or other energy absorbing design on the white plastic part that presses the switch plunger.

I would think that when someone releases the pedal abruptly, the MCOR arm would hit the switch plunger with great velocity and potentially damage the internal snap mechanism.

Anyway, that part is custom to Club Car but you can probably just get the stock series 16 switch below and cut the 2 outside tabs (N.O.) as they are not used anyway.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...tches/16-4044/
Thanks for taking the time to take one apart and post the pictures.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote