View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: my dad makes me laugh

I probably get that question asked at least once a week. How about a small engine, how about a gas generator? If it was feasable, were talking "propetual motion". That's why I don't beleive in "regenative braking", there is no way that the "free wheeling" motor can be turned into a "generator" to charge the batteries enough to make a differance. In my opinion..by the time you turn the motor "mass" into a generator and "drag" down the speed of the car with regen, it takes "more power" from the batteries to get it back up to speed than you could have created. There are many on this forum more educated than I, Just my 2 cent's worth. I myself would like to see a "fuelcell" and beleive me...I know nothing about them either! But.....I don't know how Boeing can get those big jets up in the air either!!! Thanks for the post....If we don't TALK and THINK and TRY, we will never learn. One last note: SCOTTY....TRANSPORT ME TO CABO...(if you think about it...Transporter's would eliminate cars) IT"S COLD HERE! Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote