View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
3wheelingfool
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Question 3 Wheel EZGO 36v Electric Cart

I have an old school 3 Wheel cart and need help. I do not know what year it is. The numbers I found on the plate are 780512 I55397 I am sure it is not a 97 and most likely is a 78. Here is my problem. I bought a new solenoid, but it was different. The guy said it would work with my 36v cart. It is so different that I do not know how to hook it up.

It look a like WR#120 series 36 volt 4 terminals silver contacts tower type w/angle bracket.

When I first hooked it up the cart would go forward and reverse if the F&R switch was put in F or R. I am talking no gas pedal being pushed. So I guessed I must have it hooked up wrong. On the bright side the cart seemed to have great torque when I did press the gas pedal. Not sure why I keep saying gas pedal since this is an electric cart.

When I tried to change the wiring, I am not sure what happened. The termial loop fried off of the resister. So if anyone has a diagram on how to wire this type of solenoid and hopfully stop the cart from driving without the gas pedal being pushed, I will add you to my Christmas card list

My email is gregorysclark@yahoo.com. Please send me anything you have that would be helpful. Thanks!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1135_small.jpg (2.8 KB, 274 views)

Last edited by 3wheelingfool; 12-05-2008 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: mispelling
3wheelingfool is offline   Reply With Quote