View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 12:13 PM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Max Voltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMillet86 View Post
Yeah I found a few threads, it looks like 16s shouldn't be a problem. I was planning on sending my controller to bob anyway. I'll speak to him and maybe bit the bullet eary on the lithium instead of some wheels/tires.
Overvoltage shutdown (supposedly permanent, but I found that it can be reset at Factory level) is over 96 volts for the stock RXV controllers. But there are adjustments to be made at Deveopment and Factory levels for any pack voltage in excess of about 65 volts. A 16S pack requires reprogramming of the discharge resister voltage and duty cycle settings, otherwise the resistor will be turned on by the controller to reduce pack voltage to below the settings. All of the overvoltage/undervoltage cutoff settings, and the overvoltage/undervoltage error code settings are adjustable at Factory level. Nominal pack voltage also needs to be set, as that allows the controller to regulate output voltage to devices such as the solenoid coil, brake light relay coil, and motor brake coil.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote